My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Tuesdays Eclectic Thoughts


I'm in the Adirondack Mountains by now, reunited with my oldest daughter.  She's got her last week in college and I'll be alone in the little cottage.  I love the cottage.  I know the knot holes in the ceiling where it slopes.  I remember the old lady I would talk to when I was my youngest daughter's age and she told me her two sons built the cabin I think in the 1930's.  Yes, I was into history then too and I'd actually remember.




My grandfather built the addition on the back, so there is an on-going argument with my Dad.  I remember the story of the old lady (that was so sweet next door) and I call it a cabin.  My Dad insists it's a cottage.  OK, not worth an argument, I just have to remember not to make a mistake.  Ode to the small things that seem so small that make trouble.  By the way if anyone is into praying please pray for me.  Being with family, especially my Dad is hard.  My Mom was always in my court and now she gone and, well, let's just say prayer will help!  My son is trying to come on the weekend with his girl and they are so nice.  Please, Oh God, may they be there!  All the way from Maine (during Finals week), a ten hour trip.


I have my cardigan- The Fearless Cardigan Frogged! almost re-made again.  I have the pieces with me and hopefully I can finish it in front of a fire with music I downloaded to my Tablet- a little Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, Chris Botti and several reads.


I'll also be working on my sock. Based on Susan Anderson's How I Make my Socks pattern. Now I am actually at the JFK airport after a swift 3 1/2 hour flight from Denver, so since I left at Midnight, And with the two hour change difference, I haven't seen much sleep.  So this being anew tablet and me being an older user I have no clue how to add all links.  Been trying to link to FrontierDreams.blogspot.com so you all could share your knits there.  But the slow internet (with all these people I can't blame it) makes the link impossible. So there you know where to go. And you know when to go.  
Me, what I'd give for a soft pillow and a bed.
Dream on girl.
I'll be better when I'm with my girl and back at the cabin....beds.  Forget a fire, I'm looking for those blankets and a pillow.
Did you know when you fly East with a full(ish) moon off your window it travels with you the whole country. Strange.  Last time I flew West back home the sunset was out my window almost the whole time. It lasted for hours.
Flying with the moon  and Sun.




2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a lovely time and all goes well with your family interactions. That is never fun is it? you have a lovely little cottage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. At Middlebury College now mending her dress for tomorrow's graduation. They grow too fast.

    ReplyDelete