My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Wednesday's Yarns: More on the Planispiral Shawl




     I figured out how to do my Planispiral Shawl.  I put it away over a year ago after almost 400 yards into it.  I thought if I gave it a break I might get excited about it again and I was right.  It's a totally a relief to get back to my favorite knitting with fingering yarn and I love doing shawls.  I've  spent the winter knitting mostly Chunky projects and DK wt Fingerless Gloves or my Fall Worsted Shawl (a favorite I'll be sure to repeat and blog details); but nothing in fingering.  I forgot how easy it was to do the Planispiral Shawl once you get the hang of it.  Perfect for reading my Kindle Paperwhite while it's propped up on a pillow.  My fingers easily keep track of stitches.


                          





     The yarn is such a treat!  I wanted to replicate exactly what the designer did with his Shawl, I thought it so stunning.  So I got the Heritage Wave by Cascade Yarns in Tropical; but I didn't know how soft it be.  And it is as vibrant in its colors as the pictures. 




     I'm still with the British author Maxine Morrey in spite of my determination to read some more serious literature.   I will still move on but the Morrey series are nice warm feel good stories with happy endings.  I just find them cozy.  The last book of hers "You Only Live Once" was a winner and I just started "Just Say Yes".  Many of her books are on Unlimited kindle, which I love for finding lighter but fun reads.  



Come Join Us
 at
 Unraveled Wednesday
To Read about Other Bloggers' Knitting and 📚 Reading








2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shawl. The way it spirals is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are making such great progress on that shawl! It will be stunning to wear! :)

    ReplyDelete