My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Five (Questions to Answer)




OK- these questions are just too good to resist. To play along mosey over to  What If This Is As Good As it Gets

  1. How skilled are you with a chef’s knife?
  2. not very
  3. How skilled are you with chopsticks?
  4. I struggle with noodles
  5. How skilled are you with a hammer?
  6. not at all
  7. How skilled are you with a corkscrew?
  8. now we're in my wheelhouse!
  9. How skilled are you with a needle and thread?
  10. I can do basic things, but if it was knitting needles and yarn--well, then it's a different ballgame!
  • Working with Chefs for 8 years assisting Cooking Classes at Chefs Retail store taught me a lot of things.  I went from a deathly fear of using a Chef's knife to (still cautiously) being pretty efficient with one.  What was odd was I think I actually picked up some habits by just being with Chefs all the time.  But for me, and I'd tell customers this when selling knives, it was all a matter of focus.  I found as a Mom (or maybe that's my personality) I can get easily focused on something else while I'm doing something.  Not a good idea when wielding an 8 inch blade.  So focus, also always make the claw with your other hand to preserve your fingers. I also found I liked a Santoku knife better- it has less rock but it was a better size for me.
  • Very skilled with chopsticks- I once read it was a good trick to loose weight in college! Yup, until you become good at it.
  • OK- I lose it at a hammer. I'm not good at that- my fingers are at risk!
  • Not- I don't drink much.
  • Awesome with thread- I was into Costuming as a teen and did an Internship at The MET in The Costume institute. Now my oldest girl is graduating from college in a few weeks as a History/Lit Major and Costume Minor.  She's working on Colonial Reproductions at Pilmoth Rock this summer. Nice to have her carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Costuming fascinates me. Your daughter has an amazing opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes- I try not to be jealous! But she seems to be able find projects in her field so far. She just finished her last College play doing costumes.

      Delete