My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along


   This week's Yarn Along is hosted by Small Things.  Ginny at Small Things says: "~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here. I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! Share your photo on your blog, on Instagram (#yarnalong), or on Flickr. Leave a link below to share your photo with the rest of us!~"  Just mosey on over to her site if you want to add your photo and link to your blog.  Small Things is a beautiful blog with a wonderful following of readers.  Go see what they're all up to.  I'd love comments so feel free to add some here!


I'm starting to read my all time favorite book- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I own several copies and the Outlander (20th Anniversary Edition), which I have been saving for years to read.  Now's the Time- it has a lovely red ribbon page marker.


Yesterdays post Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts- Many Threads to Finish Up pretty much sums up where I am today.  Finishing one more seam on my Fearless Cardigan,  Wool & The Gang's Fearless Cardigan 



 Technique Thursday- Knitting a Dishcloth for Beginners to Advanced Knitters  I've got a few rows left on a beautiful spring washcloth.  


And I'm still working on my prayer blankets, but sometimes I had a hard time working on my Mom's, because I know she's dying.  She has last stage Alzheimer's.  I need to focus more on hers.  At this point I'm hoping my Dad will take it and let it be draped on her.  Sometimes some things can just be so hard.  I also am not praying for healing, but that God would have Mercy and take her quickly.  Kind of painful.




So as I type I realize that's what I should be doing and I just was skirting it.  I only have a month before my oldest daughter Elisabeth graduates from Middlebury College in Vermont and I'll see my family then while staying at a little cottage in the Adirondack Mountains. 


My Elisabeth while she was attending Oxford last year she met Diana Gabaldon 


 Graduation.  I have a hard time wrapping my brain around it, she's been so far away and she plans to stay back East.  Sigh- I do miss my kids so much.




OK- enough with sad- Happy- then sad thoughts.....I need to work on those Happy Thoughts!



Which reminds me- I do have a Today's Positive Thoughts blog because sometimes (often) I really need to work on good thoughts and to maintain my thoughts so they flow in the right way.  What I think creates the mood, which overflows into my Life.




For some lovely Chocolate thoughts check out my Baking blog- Sweet To Be- Decadent Chocolate Pound Cake.

I'm ready for a cup of tea....



No comments:

Post a Comment