My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along


Come join us at Wednesday's Yarn Along hosted by Ginny at Small Things and post what you are currently knitting and reading.

                                                                                                 Dishcloth #3117 by Lily Sugar'n Cream and Bernat Design Studio

I'm actually finishing up The Scam: A Fox and O'Hare Novel and I'm ready to go on to a new book. I love these books, but I think I've read them all back to back and I'm ready for something new. I also never take this long to finish a book. I've been so focused on blogging and knitting these days I don't get the books done as fast as I used to. On one hand that's good (I certainly save money not buying as many books and I drag out a good story). But on the other hand reading for me is where I stop and rest. I need to read. To stop life, my thoughts. It's my calm. So I need to start a new book, close my computer and knit, that also calms me. It's my set point. That place where you say- ahhhh, I'm home.


So I want to finally start that new book I bought a few weeks ago- New Leaf by Catherine Anderson. Seems an appropriate title since the leaves here just started to pop out of the trees the past three days. Spring has finally arrived. Of course one cringes saying that here in Colorado because it is bound to snow as soon as you declare it is spring! But I'm thinking Spring thoughts!


My washcloth can be found on last week's blog- Technique Thursday- Knitting a Dishcloth for Beginners to Advanced Knitters.

Skip on over to my Cooking Blog Savory & Sumptuous for a really good recipe for vinaigrette that's healthy and a highlight of my My Favorite Kitchen Gadget blog today.



No comments:

Post a Comment