My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday's Knitting Away - The Big Hat

Joining "Frontier Dreams" today and sharing my creations.






     I'm busy with my Christmas hat knitting and I'm absolutely loving doing up the The Big Hat - Free Pattern!  It's super easy and goes up real fast!  I've got size 15 wooden circular needles and 5 double point #15s.  The yarn I'm using is Wool- Ease Thick & Quick in a lovely color Claret.  You're going to find different colors at different stores.  Jo-anns seems to have the largest selection, but my store is on the other side of the city here and I found it easier (and cheaper) to order the last one in from a store connected to Amazon (free shipping!).  But my youngest daughter saw me knitting it and has changed her mind and wants a hat in the same color with a pom pom.  Before I couldn't convince her to let me make her a hat.  So I'm probably heading out to Joanns.  I'm talking my husband into it by telling him that the only Starbucks in town with a fireplace is there next to Joanns.



The Big Hat by testers took 3 hrs. but for me a tad longer.  I'm just enjoying the knit and alternating with other hats and projects.  I plan to make several more in red and blue and grey.







Join "Frontier Dreams" to post your  projects on Tuesday or later in the week.


Nicole says: "The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link" on her blog, link above.

6 comments:

  1. Very cute hat. And you are so fast. I can't knit anything in three or four hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try this hat! The test knitters took the time it took to watch The Titanic. I am taking longer, I'm not so fast, but also I hate things going so fast when I'm enjoying them. I got to push myself, I have other hats to knit ( most The Big Hat and two more detailed hats on smaller yarn/needles). So yeah for the fast knit!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Really fun to do. I keep thinking that I want to scarf up a bunch of skeins, make them and find heads for them, maybe next month. Great to do something simple and fast!

      Delete
  3. Oh! I am keeping that hat in my queue! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be a yearly knit for me. It's just so thick, it's going to be so warm and my son and his girl are in Maine. It'll be super warm for them!

      Delete