My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along

   Today I'm sharing with Ginny and her friends at her "Small Things" blog; 
come join me and share what you are reading and knitting in "Yarn Along".



     Today I knit with my knitting group, which meets in the morning, but we just kept on knitting and talking as some left and between it being so cosy the last three lost count of time!  We meet in a yarn shop in Old Colorado City and the owner bakes us cookies and supplies coffee (I bring my tea) and I guess we were too cosy to pay attention to time. 




     By the time I got home, my dog was begging for attention, the cat eating the ribbons on the presents under the tree and my husband had called 6 times (he was worried about me, I don't move around too well now and he thought I fell).  And later when my daughter should of been home (but she was with a friend taking her home) he got a bit frantic.  Isn't nice to know you're loved? (no I'm not into cell phones).  My daughter replayed the answering machine to tease him.




     So here I am, a bit late, it's night already.  I am going to do this real fast so I can have a hot bath and read my book.  Which by the way is still "Last Chance To Run": Slye Temp book (Prequel) Kindle Edition by Dianna Love (a free read) .  Which must mean that I'm knitting more than reading.  Probably true.  I'm pushing doing Christmas Hats (I'll post later) and I'm happily working on my  Peaceful Cowl for the Project Peace by Christina Campbell, which I'm doing up in KnitPicks Preciosa Tonal Fingering Yarn in Bonsai.  Here's my post on Saturday about this cowl - Simply Saturday - Project Peace.




     Please check out this wonderful song called "December" by Peter Hollens, the download is free through the link on the bottom.  It's about keeping the spirit of Christmas all round the year.  Really an exceptional song sung by one of my favorite singers.  I cried the first time listening to it thinking of my Mom and Christmases that are gone and I wish I could have back. Wishing I could have all three of my kids around me like in Christmases past, but I'm pleased I have one left home.  Embrace what you have now, you never know what the future holds and be blessed with those around you. Peter Hollens - December









1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is nice when people care! It sounds like you're making good progress on the holiday knitting. I love the color of that yarn!

    ReplyDelete