My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Monday, March 21, 2016

Musing Mondays and a Blog within a Blog


Jenn at Books and a Beat hosts our Musing Mondays:

 "Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Have you ever read a book after watching the movie/television version only to find that you don’t like the book as much as the adaptation?

PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with either the link to your own Musing Mondays post, or share your answer in a comment here (if you don’t have a blog). Thanks!

In answer to the second question-
  • Up next I think I’ll read…"I'm currently reading the same book- "The Scam" by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg and I'm enjoying it, but I'm ready to go on to something new. Catherine Anderson has a lovely new book out for Spring called "New Leaf" and she's usually puts out great books, I've read all her older books. So I'm looking forward to her new tale- New Leaf.

My answer to the last question is - No. I generally like the books the best and a lot of times I'm  disappointed with a movie just because I imagined it a certain way that the movie didn't capture. If I liked it I probably just thought it did the book justice. Once in a blue moon I will think the movie and or TV series surpasses the book.  Lately I've been watching the Outlander TV series and it is amazing and it is as good as the books.

 But that's my favorite book series and it does do it tremendous justice. It's lovely and you can see Diana Gabaldon's hand in it's creation. Nothing beats the books- but this can sidle up next to them and be worthy and in some ways flesh out the vision one sees when imagining what Gabaldon wrote. I do love the books.  A treat- the next few weeks till April 9th the first season is on free for viewing on the Starz site- Outlander Season # 1. Enjoy! I will.

Enjoy posting on her blog your comments or links to your blog and I've got a bit of a new twist- read on and enjoy an amazing Cinnamon Roll recipe I blogged on my Baking blog called Sweet To Be.



When I was a young child I was fascinated by a painting of a horse in my Grandfather's house. In the painting the painter of the painting is standing in front of the horse while the painting that you are looking at is at the artist's feet. So in effect, you have a painting within a painting that goes back into infinity visually. So I am reading the same book and I am knitting the same cardigan (because of rip outs!), so I did a blog on how to make some awesome Cinnamon Rolls on my Baking blog named Sweet To Be. So in effect I am giving you a blog within a blog and this will be posted also on the Books and a Beat Blog- a blog within a blog. 



 I've assisted Cooking Classes for many years and helped an awesome Chef make Cinnamon Rolls, but I could never quite get it right. So here are my perfect cinnamon rolls and they're great for eating while reading (and knitting); which I am going to do in a moment. 


My blog on my current knitting project in the photos- Wool & The Gangs fearless Cardigan




No comments:

Post a Comment