My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Wednesday's Yarn Along


Today I'm sharing with Ginny at her "Small Things" blog; 
come join me and share what you are reading and knitting in "Yarn Along".




     I'm almost at the point of decreasing my Don't Mind the Gap Hat.  It's made from Swish DK Yarn  in Cobblestone Heather and knit in a fun pattern of four rows of slipped stitches and knit, then a row where you wrap some stitches and knit together others and then alternating with a different set of slipped stitches and knits.  Easy to memorize and do.  So I really enjoyed the simplicity of it and the results!


 



     I'm still reading the Ingrid Skyberg FBI Thrillers series and I'm on the third book.  I went over the previous books in last week's Yarn Along - Wednesday's Yarn Along - Wednesday, January 11, 2017.  


     I'm loving these books!  The third one is Kill Plan (Ingrid Skyberg FBI Thrillers Book 3) Kindle Edition.  I think I enjoy the series so much because of the character of Agent Ingrid Skyberg, an FBI agent assigned to the American Embassy in London.  Interesting, believable characters, and the author is really good at conveying authentic sounding dialogue.  This book is a bit convoluted on the plot and who did what and how did she figure it out?  I kinda lost track about how the American bad guy was connected to the London crime.  So I keep hoping for a little re-cap by the characters.  It's a little hard with a tablet to 'leaf" back through the book to find answers.  Maybe it's just me, I then loose track of where I am.  Yes, I know you can bookmark it, but then I forget how do I find my bookmarked pages?  Not like dog earring a book!  My only complaint on tablet reading!  But I'm sure I'll figure it out soon!



     So I'm just back from our morning knitting group, we went out for lunch!  My blog is done and as the sun sets over the mountains, I want to get my hands back on my knitting and read on (maybe I'll figure it out tonight what exactly is happening, someone poisoned someone, and wants revenge and another accessed someone's bank account.....Yup, I'll figure it out!).





Please join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share-

"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here.  I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! "  Share with Ginny at Small Things.   


3 comments:

  1. Pretty hat. It looks so different after blocking. I love slouchy hats.
    I often lose track of parts of the plots in thrillers. I just go with the flow.

    ReplyDelete