My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Wednesday's Yarns

What are you Reading and Knitting today?




     I'm creating a new post for Wednesdays called simply: "Yarns".  The "Yarn-Along" that I did the past year, the host Ginny has her hands full with her family and it was time to let it go for her "Small Things" blog.  Just enjoy reading about my reading and knitting and if you want to share here about what you are doing feel free to or on the Facebook post you're probably reading.  If someone else chooses to take up the mantle again, I'll post that info. for you.




     I'm mostly knitting Ecology Hats in Green for the March For Science on April 22nd, Earth Day.  I have surgery in two weeks on my hip (yeah, hopefully pain and my inability to walk much will disappear!).  So I'm trying to get a month's worth of hats done these two weeks.




When I'm reading, I'm still reading Rogue Wave (Crime by Design Book 1) Kindle Edition by Jane Thornley.  A great book by a knitting author who incorporates knitting into her mystery "yarn".




     I joined Audible last month and as my second month selection I picked A Game of Thrones: A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1 Audible – by George R. R. Martin, Roy Dotrice (Narrator).  I have read part of it and watched several seasons of the series, but I wanted to enjoy the book when I got away from watching the show for awhile.  They're too close alike.  So far it's a great read to knit too.  I love the words, the visual impact they give.  It should be a satisfying "read".  I need to find my copy somewhere of the book to read also when I have more time.






     Come join me if you are inclined at "The Resistance Knitters"a new Facebook group I created to encourage each other in the journey of protest.  Historically this is a long drawn out process, not an overnight success story (even though there will be good, uplifting moments like The Women's March).  I studied History and International Studies and I post a lot of news items and commentators and also knitting patterns for marches.   Quotes, books to read, and uplifting thoughts.  It's a place to post, and share what you're doing but also discuss the politics of the day.  And yes we're very Liberal.  I will not make rules, I ask for polite discourse and to be kind.  Anyone is welcome as long as we respect each other.






No comments:

Post a Comment