My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along- What I'm Reading and Knitting Now

    

 Come join us at "Small Things" to share what you are currently reading and creating at the "Yarn Along".




     My  Sherbet Heavenly Shawl  is almost knit up to the last bit of yarn.  I hope to finish up what I can today and I'll order another skein to finish the very end tip and put a simple edge on the bottom to even it out.


       I'm actually glad for the excuse to order another skein because I will miss working with Chroma .  I'm ordering the Pegasus colorway and then I'll use the rest up in a simple cowl.  Won't that be lovely?  I'm thinking a provisional cast on and just doing garter about 10 in. width until it's all gone, then attaching the two ends.  Simple, warm, cosy.


     I'm working on my Sheila sheep!!!! Getting the legs done.  I've got three done and one more to go, plus the head.  She's going to be really cute!


     The Really Improv Sweater! I've started working on again.  A great knit and I'm excited to learn how to design my own sweater!  Monday Moments- What's Up in My Knitting World,


     I started a KAL that I've been remiss on Deep Stash Along, but it feels like it's a September knit with it's darker colors, so I put it aside till then, hoping to be done with the Sherbet Shawl.  The Sherbet Shawl and the Stash knit share the same needle size and Sherbet's got the better needles of multi-colored wood from Knit Picks- Rainbow Wood Circular Needles.   Hopefully I can knit it up to wear to Maine next month when I go visit my son at his college for Parent weekend.   Just Knit It with Gifted Stash


     I'm reading a great book I have on my tablet- Lady in White (The Lady Series Book 2) Kindle Edition by Denise Domning .  It's a tale of romance and courtly intrigue set in the Elizabethan Court.  The writing is wonderful and I like the characters so much.  I will be sad to see them part when I'm done with the book.  I think that's one reason (out of many) that I love Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series.  You fall in love with the characters and you don't leave the story when they fall in love, or get married like most romance novels.  The Outlander series continues through their lives and intertwines with other unforgettable characters.  I'm reading Dragonfly in Amber (Outlander, Book 2)  now and enjoying it immensely.




5 comments:

  1. I love your projects. I'm reading The House by the Lake by Ella Carey and just finished the Philosopher's Stone shawl, plunging away in my Nurmilintu shawl. Adore Diana Gabaldon and have Voyager on my kindle as a backup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have me intrigued! I'll have to look those patterns up. I still want to get Dragonfly on my tablet with Audible attached. In some ways I miss listening to my book while I knit, yet there's something peaceful about simple reading.

      Delete
    2. Just looked up The House by The Lake, that looks really good! Ill have try it. Thanks

      Delete
  2. Where in Maine is your son going to school? I'm in Northern Maine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's going to College of the Atlantic in Bar Harbor. He loves it there. Right now he is leading with another student a freshman Oops class on the 100 mile Wilderness section of the Appalachian Trail up North in Maine as you know. He's gone all week. He told me they trained him for 2 weeks and he passed Wilderness First Aid. I'm confident he'll be fine, but I'll be relieved when I hear from him when it's over. He has a Sat phone. Talk about an adventure! No older adults, they are it. It's an ecology school and he studies sustainable energy

      Delete