My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts

Joining "Frontier Dreams" today and sharing my creations.



I'm past the halfway point in my Sherbet Heavenly Shawl  in  Chroma Fingering Yarn  and starting to work again on old KALS and I started a new one yesterday.


 I'm doing a mystery Critter KAL called Sheila  and I have some body parts done-


This week I need to work on 4 tubular shapes that I assume are legs.  I'm a week behind in this KAL, but I haven't looked at the final clue to see what I'm making.  The tension builds...


The  My Mystery Critter is made out of  I Love This Wool! Naturals in Ivory and I've decided to borrow it, since I'm onto the critter's legs in a darker color.  So I've started another adventure because I just love learning new things! How far or fast I get is problematic, but I'll be learning just the same. 


      I started swatching for  The Really Improv Sweater!  a top-down free tutorial & pattern from the Fringe Association called Improv.  I've done a few top-down cardigans in the far distant past but by pattern, this teaches you the theory of how to design your own.  So I'm using relatively cheap yarn (but %100 wool) and what needles I can find for now.  Learning to me is a treasure you never lose.  



     Once I master this (and hopefully I will) and develope my own pattern, I've been looking for affordable, good wool.  Knit Picks has Wool of The Andes Worsted Yarn in lovely colors and very inexpensive.  I'm planning to make Christmas hats out of this.  But what really intrigues me is the all natural "Bare" line they have of all their yarns but in undyed form.  So I could get Bare Wool of the Andes Worsted Yarn for the same cheap price and dye it myself.  Creative and thrifty!  So learning to dye yarn might be my next adventure.  More details- Monday Moments- What's Up in My Knitting World on this top-down sweater KAL.






Join "Frontier Dreams" to post your  projects on Tuesday or later in the week.

Nicole says: "The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link" on her blog, link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment