My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tuesday Teaser


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books And A Beat.
 Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
 BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


     Here's an excerpt from The "Wild Stories" but as I read it I immediately recognized it as one of the most poignant moments in "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer.  One of the men who died up on Everest that fateful climb was it's leader Rob Hall, who stayed with a client when he could of left him.  He talks to his wife before he dies.  His body remains are still on Everest.

"The Death Zone" by Peter Wilkinson, p. 396

"He was patched through by radio with his wife, Jan Arnold, in New Zealand, at 6 P.M., before he died. (A rescue mission earlier that day had been forced back by more bad weather a mere two hundred yards from his location.)  

"Don't worry about me too much," Hall said to his wife.  "If only someone can get up to me and give me a couple Thermoses of tea."

(I did cheat a bit with that extra sentence, but I wanted to include his last words).  






No comments:

Post a Comment