My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along

My stay in The Adirondacks is almost over.



Tomorrow I'll be flying out of Vermont and hanging in a New York City airport for a few hours. Wishing I can find a real NY bagel.  Usually I traveled into the city and left for my family's place through Penn Station.  I know there I can find a great little bakery that makes real bagels with the true NY chew to them.  When I was 18, I worked in the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a summer in the Costume Department learning how to do garment restoration.  I'd come in from NJ from on the train and get a bagel at the Jewish Bakery in the train station. A good memory. Bagels in Colorado are definitely not the same.  I have an article from the Washington Post echoing the same sentiments and containing a recipe from King Arthur Flour on how to bake authentic New York Style Bagels. I'll have to try it when I get home.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/food/wp/2016/05/10/homemade-bagel-recipe-how-to-make-the-best-bagels-at-home/

Head on over to "Small Things" and share what you are knitting.

http://www.gsheller.com/category/yarn-along

Im currently reading an awesome collection of adventure stories from the Men's Journal. From humorous to knuckle gripping adventure.  Continent to continent. Amazing reads.

"Wild Stories, the Best of Men's Journal".












1 comment: