My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts


     Knitting for me is a soothing, rhythmic escape for me, paired with reading it's heavenly. The TGV Shawls I'm doing are perfect for effortless and enjoyable knitting.  (Last Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts contain knitting links to the TGV Shawl pattern and yarn info.).


     While on vacation a few weeks ago, waiting for the plane, on board and then in the cabin, I almost finished re-knitting my entire Fearless Cardigan.  It was nice to be back in my hands.  This weekend Ill finish it up.


This week besides working on the TGV's, I want to sew.  Trying to find a dress for my Mom's Memorial at a favourite second hand store, I found a $2 pattern instead.  So I came home, unearthed a favorite batik long dress that only my Mom would've recognized and decide that would be perfect since she loved blue (there's no way I'm wearing black for my Mom).  And I'm sewing a dress for any dinner at the club.  I had laid out blue cotton fabric earlier that I had ripped out into squares years ago for a simple dress I used to make.  The pattern pieces just fit if placed sideways.  And it'll be awesome.  My $2 dress. Shhhhhh.


A new blog I'm randomingly working on- Sewing Stitches- Sewing Simply.
.

     This past weekend's poignant tragedy has made my current read much more relevant to me.  I shared two posts on that with some fantastic photos and quotes- Musing Mondays and Teaser Tuesday.



Join "Keep Calm & Craft On" to post your  projects on Tuesday or later in the week.
Nicole says: "The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link" on her blog, link above.




No comments:

Post a Comment