My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along

Join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share what you are reading and knitting at her "Yarn Along".


I'm knitting Elise's Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief  now in Malabrigo Arroyo Yarn in Marte and it's a great pattern, simple and rhythmic and goes up real fast!  I love colors in Marte Malabrigo, it's so reflective of Autumn.  So hopefully I'll have this done and on my shoulders this Fall!



And I started my Christmas Hat knitting, but I need to get going on that more (the shawl calls me away....).  I just started a great pattern though called Bankhead (Free Pattern), in black and that's an easy fun knit.


  

My slow start (it's gotten a tad bigger today).




     I get lots of free books on BookBub (they email me a selection of inexpensive or free books each day based on my chosen genres).  I find this is a great way to discover new authors because often the free book is at the beginning of a series.  This week I finished Concrete Evidence (Evidence Series Book 1) (still free for Kindle), last week Body of Evidence (Evidence Series Book 2), both by Rachel Grant and awesome!  I really enjoyed them and plan to read the rest of the series.  My new book is KIDNAPPED, A Romantic Suspense Novel (Edgars Family Novels Book 1) by Suzanne Ferrell (also free in Kindle).  A good read with interesting plot and characters.  Basically an undercover FBI agent is trying to escape cops that don't know he's undercover with a very injured boy in tow.  In desperation to save the boys' life he kidnaps a nurse and of course romance follows.  I think the characters make the book good and keep it going when I might not of been so caught up in the plot, but it's fun.  Goodreads - Kidnapped (Edgars Family #1)





Please join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share-

"~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading and I love sharing my projects and current reads here.  I would love for you to join me every Wednesday to share a single photo of what you are knitting (or crocheting) and reading too! "  Share with Ginny at Small Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment