My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Wednesday's Yarns: Autopilot Cowl

 



      I finished my hat out of Chroma Worsted Yarn, a super soft single ply wool from Knitpicks.  It's %70 Superwash Wool in a gorgeous pallette of color combos.  The hat was very appreciated for the first night of camping at 32° and my LLBean sleeping bag (rated 40°) did well zipped up over my head with the hat and piles of fleece blankets.  The next days got warmer.  




     And the trees were popped out from inland Maine to Vermont.  The Adirondacks were so pretty.  The new leaves glistening in sunlight.  So, so appreciated after a long cold winter.  It was a nice break.  



       
                        Simple Slouch Hat

     After finishing up my hat I had a lot of Chroma Worsted left in colors Lake Front and Fathoms.  I did a search of projects on Ravelry done in Chroma and found Autopilot.   A really easy, rythmic knit that produces a gorgeous cowl.


                         anmar's Autopilot
                        Domknit's Autopilot





     I'm still reading the David Wolf books by Jeff Carson on Kindle Unlimited.  I intended to only read one as I waited for my next CJ Box, Joe Pickett book.  They're great high paced adventure, murder mystery books about a Colorado Sheriff named David Wolf.  It's takes place in a small town deep in the Rocky Mountains.  I'm on my 4th book Deadly Conditions where Wolf just skied after the murder suspect but ended up over the cliffs.  The recent snow fall saved him.  Bad guy gets away unidentified.  I'm enjoying them.  But I need to get back to Joe Picket! My husband is reading them too and he is gaining on me, and I miss Joe.


Come Join Us
 at
To Read about Other Bloggers' Knitting and 📚 Reading







4 comments:

  1. Envious of your time in New England. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, seeing the green on the trees is so very welcome. I love the hat and cowl. It's always good to be warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, you win the award for the most daring knitter... camping out in temperatures that chilly! Wow! But your hat is so cute (and it looks great on you!) and that cowl looks like the perfect camping knit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful hat! I have made a couple Autopilot cowls, the short version. Fun knit.

    ReplyDelete