My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Yarns: Finishing and Starting




      I'm finishing my Beach Hair Don't Care hairband.  I finished the lace and only have the other hair tie to do (in I-cord which is so fun!).  A great lace knit that I'm sending off to my daughter who will more likely use it with her really long hair. Previous blog post - Yarns: Beach Hairband KAL.




     And I just got my Malabrigo Mechita Yarn - Cielo y Tierra, a fall looking color combo that I've been eyeing since last year.  Now I'm making myself finish some things before I start anything.  This pattern caught my eye and I love the designer's shawls, especially her one-skein wonders - Citadel by Janina Kallio.  I've done one of her shawls before, also in Malabrigo Mechita - Yarns -The Ardent Shawl Finished!





      Yesterday I cast on fingerless mitts onto double pointed needles when it got really cold.  I'm using one skein of Capretta yarn from KnitPicks in worsted in a nutty brown color with a touch of cashmere.  I had set aside this fingerless glove pattern last year and it takes just the 130 yds.  Free pattern - Cestari Fingerless Mittens.  I'm doing it up differently than the pattern.  It has you knit it flat and seam it together with a one-inch seam.  So I cut the number of cast on stitches to 33 and I'm knitting it in the round.  I have very small hands so I'm hoping it fits.

 

     And I'm reading "After You" by Jojo Moyes, the second book in a three book series.  I'm nearly finished with it.  I love it at times, and then I get bored at others (maybe because reading in the wrong order gave some things away?)  I read the third one first - "Still Me", not knowing it was a series, but I loved it so I read the first book "Me Before You".  That book's equally awesome, but for different reasons.  It's a real tearjerker dealing with a quadriplegic and his desire to commit suicide and yes, it is a romance and it's funny too.  All her books have great characters and stories of small English life.  Her middle book is good and I'm glad I read it because it fills in the blanks of the other books and ties them together but I don't find it as interesting as the other two.  But I am now a JoJo fan and  I went to my second-hand bookshop and got a few more to read.





Come Join Us at Unraveled Wednesday






3 comments:

  1. Wow... gorgeous photos, Elise!! I love that malabrigo yarn! Mmm it looks buttery soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to make a headband, but how do you get a perfect fit? I love yours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has two ties so it should be adjustable for anyone! Enjoy.

      Delete