My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I'm Almost Back from Vacation, my Last Post Before I Left

So here's my last post before I left and we'll see how far I've gotten with my TGV Shawl and how my KAL Hat is doing-


Monday Moments


      I'm off to the Adirondack Mountains this week for my Mom's Memorial and a vacation in my favorite spot, where I grew up in the summers.  I feel like my Mom gave me a gift, my Dad paid for the flight and my brother paid my youngest daughter's ticket.  So I get to be with the whole family this year.

     While there I'll continue to work on my TGV shawls- TGV (High Speed Knitting) by Susan Ashcroft and for more details Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts.  I finally got to the halfway point on my multi-colored Noro TGV where you stop doing the garter stitch and you double all the stitches by KFB in each stitch.  I'm just starting the flange which is a rib of 2 x 2 Knit and purl.  It'll look so awesome when it's done!  Can't wait to get a few inches done to see the result!  But I'm kinda packing and doing so many assorted things to get ready.  Like baking Whole Wheat Honey Sourdough with Walnuts and raisins in my bread machine.  Like everyone does that right before they fly out?  I'll take half the bread carefully wrapped and leave half frozen here.  It's really healthy and I hate going without my bread.  





 I'm now planning to do a Hat KAL from WEBs called Choose Your Own Adventure - Hat KAL.  It caught my eye because the picture saying "Choose your own Adventure" on Ravelry looked so much like The Adirondacks and it starts the day before my Mom's Memorial.  And I thought what a good way to keep my spirits up and do something fun for me.  I don't have internet so to make it even a more challenging adventure I need to find internet and a willing person to take me there.  The library, the grocery store all the way in Lake Placid.  Somehow I'll do it. Hum, I wonder if the Ausable Club has wifi, but it's in the middle of nowhere.   


The KAL is described as giving different options at different stages for what you want in your hat. "Are you ready for an Adventure?"  One option sounds like it might be colorwork or fair isle and I've never done that.  So here's the Webs Store blog for updated posts.  


My Patons from my yarn stash for my KAL Hat.

In Get Ready To Choose Your Own Adventure WEBS outlines what you need to get prepared for the Hat KAL.  And I have the RSS feed and links to the right, at top of my blog for July.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment