My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts

 

      I'm working on two KALs right now and actually only actively working on my Hat KAL-  Get Ready To Choose Your Own Adventure.  I got my Hat brim done!  And I haven't opened up the link for the update today.  I will when I'm done with this or this will not, probably get done.  First things first and a little suspense in life is good for the soul.  I like doing these KALs (when I can keep up!).


     I'm actively awaiting my Chrome yarn for the Summer 2016 KAL, reading the chat group on Ravelry (Fleckenstein & Friends Groupand brainstorming on how to incorporate two colorways in a sideways shawl so they look right. Monday Moments and Cashmere and Colorful Dreams


     I've returned to my sock, a knitting KAL that keeping up was difficult with my trip back East and I find the knitting a bit harder on my hands with carpal tunnel.   Tuesday's Eclectic Thoughts- A Sock Knitalong  So I'm knitting on it in the evenings a little bit at a time when my husband and I watch our one show.  These days we're watching "Elementary", a modern rendition of Sherlock Holmes, very engaging.


       For my birthday present to myself last week while in The Adirondacks I gave myself some amazing soft yarn.  I hope to start a Reyna Shawl at some point with the purple/blue Malabrigo Mechita Yarn in Whale's Road and the blue Malabrigo Sock Yarn in Caribeno is perhaps a future Thistle Dew Shawl.  All are so soft.

  


      At some point this week when the heat abates and I won't make living in a tiny apartment impossible I'm hoping to bake my husband's favorite pound cake- Spring Vanilla Pound Cake.  He loves a morning sweet with his coffee.  It's made with a cake mix, lots of eggs and canola oil.  Very good, not exactly health food, but good for the taste buds.




If you want to share your knits today check out-


Join "Keep Calm & Craft On" to post your  projects on Tuesday or later in the week.
Nicole says: "The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link" on her blog, link above.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous yarn color. What a great pick for a gift-to-you fiber :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, the photos don't really do the yarns justice, especially the Whales Road. Do a search for it and you'll see it's an amazing purple yarn with blue in it. I'm pleased with it!

    ReplyDelete