My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Monday, July 4, 2016

Monday And I'm on Vacation so Here's Some Inspiration

Here's a reposting of an old post that I liked on blankets.

Enjoy your Fourth of July!


Friday Fantasy Knits- Knitting Up A Blanket for The Cold Seasons To Come


I'm dreaming of Afghans, Blankets, cosy lap blankets.  To get one done for the Fall and Winter months you would need to start now.  Unless you make one from super bulky yarn and huge needles and I've included some of those quick projects here.  Whether there quick knits or slow they will be so nice and welcome when they are done.  Or given as a gift.  Here's a collection to inspire you.





 
Hudson Bay Wool-Ease Thick & Quick



                              
                                      
Faster Knits - Chunky Knits



Chunky Wool Blanket- Free Pattern!
 (Very Nice Blog- "Design The Life You Want To Live" Blog)





These Wool & The Gang blankets would go up fast with super bulky Crazy Sexy Wool!


                                                         Sailing Home Blanket Pattern







                                                             Koselig Blanket Pattern



















                         A Lap Robe                            

in these colors-
Painted Desert

Tudor





Sampler or Pieced Afghans















 Patons- Sampler Afghan to Knit (Out of Print & I'm wondering if it can be found- a library or connect to Patons? It's so pretty!)



My favorite crocheted blanket (but I couldn't resist).  I've literally made about 6 of them and they take me months- but they are worth it.  Pretty, soft and very durable.  And I made them huge!   My 6 ft. son used his autumn toned one as a blanket around his shoulders and it still dragged on the floor.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my chunky blanket pattern in your round up of knitting patterns! It is such a fast and easy knit!

    PS. extra thanks for the blog love.

    Cheers! Lynne from Design The Life You Want To Live

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this! Been in the Adirondack Mountains with no internet. I absolutely love your blog, just about to go over there to see what you're up to. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete