My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday- On Vacation- My Birthday!

Hi, It's my birthday! July 11th, 1960.  Yup you can figure out how old I am.  I don't mind, I hope I age like fine wine.  Here's a popular recent blog (still dreaming of Billie Jean Yarn).


Friday Fantasy Knits- Dreaming of Knitting with Billie Jean Yarn


Wool & The Gang on Wednesday announced that their new yarn Billie Jean Yarn is out of stock already and (of course) that just makes me want it!  A fully %100 recycled Blue Jean material.



 "Billie Jean Yarn is made using upcycled pre-consumer denim waste. This waste is ground back into fibre and woven into our new Billie Jean Yarn. Using no chemicals and no dyes."  Billie Jean Yarn (details on how it's made) 


The yarn is so lovely!

On Facebook  Wool and The Gang posted this:


And this explanation:

"Billie Jean is now SOLD OUT on woolandthegang.com! BUT do not fear you can find her at the following yarn stores: Knit with attitude & Looped Yarn Works + soon to be stocked at Slip Stitch Needlecraft + Stash-A Place For Yarn"


     But I'm going to wait till Wool and The Gang restocks it since I can't afford anything extra right now, so I'm at the dreaming point.  You can go to their site and sign up for an e-mail alert when they have more in.



     So back in the realm of dreaming, my question is when I buy some of this delightful yarn what shall I make?  I found two patterns that I featured in the previous week's Friday Fantasy Knits- I Dream of Light Summer Wispy Cardigans.  They were The Lighthouse Keeper's Wife and Boho Catch - Breezy Summer Cardigan.  Both would look stunning in Billie Jean.  But......


 



There is also a pattern by Wool and The Gang called Pop Life Cardigan that is amazing looking too.  Great drape, loose and looks like it's practical.  The upside to this pattern is that it's made for the Billie Jean yarn and sometimes ordering a kit is a better deal.  Decisions, decisions....





Another Wool and the Gang knit with Billie Jean Yarn is Crazy Feeling Sweater.





Happy Dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment