My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Friday, July 22, 2016

Friday Fantasy Knits- Last Minute Summer Shawls


     Last minute summer shawl and shawlettes to knit?  Not ready to say goodbye to summer?  Here's some inspiration to motivate you for a treat at the end of summer.  Perhaps some knitting at the pool, or beach, or on a patch of moss by a river as I did in The Adirondacks.  Wishing I was there now!


     The Summer 2016 KAL is what I'm about to work on.  Knitting on a mystery shawl in sherbet and ice cream yarn colors.  I'm still waiting for my yarn and it should get here soon.  The KAL just started last week and I will rush to catch up.  The second clue was released today. Friday Fantasy Knits- Summer 2016 KAL Shawl in Sherbet Colors


     Some results so far on Ravelry for the Summer 2016 KAL-



     For my birthday I gave myself some amazingly lovely yarn for future projects.  Two of the Whales Road Malabrigo Mechita Yarn is going to be a Reyna Shawl.  The colors are really a lovely purple with a play of blue in it.  The single blue and teal in a Malabrigo Sock Yarn - Caribeno will be a Thistle Dew someday, which is a fast knit.




A scarf I dream about doing someday-


   


And my Summer Knit that I have just a bit to finish up, my TGV shawl.  My needles broke in The Adirondacks a couple of weeks ago and while sitting on moss by the stream bank.  Not a lot of knitting shops in the mountains and I need to get another Circular needle in size 8 and this time longer!





Hopefully it'll look something like this when done-



    I'm going to frog my purple TGV, it lacked interest to me.  I'm thinking a hitchhiker might look more interesting but, I might be short on yarn, perhaps I can match it with another finger weight yarn?  At any rate it's for another time.



   

     I few more summer possibilities-





  








Have a Happy and Creative Summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment