My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Musing Mondays


- I'm currently reading…
- Up next I think I’ll read…
- I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
- I'm super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I'm really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
- I can’t wait to get a copy of…
- I wish I could read ___, but…
- I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What’s your most favorite “chunky” book? (over 500 pages)
PLEASE add your book comments at Books and a Beat, Thanks!


     I'm currently reading...Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass series Book 1) and I haven't read or listened for the whole weekend.  I get on edge when I don't stop and read for awhile and probably because I don't have an actual book (only on my tablet) and I find I'm not reading as much as I think my soul needs.  For me it's a real pause in life.  A way to stop my thoughts and disappear.  Part of my "problem" was getting some really beautiful yarn that I ordered to do a knit along (called KAL) for a mystery shawl that I'm a week behind on and I want to catch up-  Simply Saturday.  Also I'm trying to learn Fair Isle for a Hat KAL- Technique Thursday and Learning Fair Isle.  While I know a lot of basics on knitting, having knitted 35 some odd years on scarves and some hats and a few sweaters, there is so much I don't know.  So learning is an adventure for me!  So to keep up with the KALs I'll probably listen to "Throne of Glass" on the audio on my porch and knit like crazy!



THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: What’s your most favorite “chunky” book? (over 500 pages)
     That's easy! Outlander – August 10, 1998 by Diana Gabaldon and I'm still reading it sporadically like an old friend and I have that downloaded in audio as well.  It's a great one to listen to while knitting with it's Scottish brogue. Goodreads- Outlander, 896 pgs.

1 comment:

  1. I chose Outlander as one of mine too! (http://twobirds1blog.blogspot.ca/2016/07/musing-mondays-i-like-big-books-and-i.html)

    I also have Throne of Glass on my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete