My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Slow Going Sock

 



     I started a sock last year.  I have started a few and put away unfinished in with my stash yarn.  I find them slow going and usually get stalled somewhere in the project.  This time I did finish a whole sock; an accomplishment for me but not very useful since we need two.  Last year then Fall arrived and using the excuse of Christmas presents it joined the other socks.  So the other day I pulled it out to work on the other sock.  I do love working on it, it has very soft yarn.  But I wonder about its durability since I read that fancy soft yarn does not always make strong socks but I got it from a sock club that I joined.  I figured maybe I'd finally learn how to do socks and the first kit was free (after receiving another kit that was totally not to my taste, frilly plus, I realized I could do a lot better choosing my own yarn and pattern, and save money so I quit the club).

     I think part of my problem with knitting on a sock is it requires more of my attention than most of my knits.  Most times I like to knit something mindlessly while I read.  The sock, especially in the ribbing stage requires all of me.  But it's such a peaceful fun knit I think I need to make a special time to just stop and knit on them.  I keep on hearing previous comments I've had on people's joy at knitting socks.  I believe them and I'm truly trying to find my sock-knitting Moyo.  Maybe this time I'll find it.


What I'm Reading




     I'm on to my second book in the Joe Picket series by CJ Box.  Oh, what a great wild ride it is!  The series is about a Wyoming Game Warden.  He's your perfect hero because he's not perfect; terribly human.  But he's got an unusual trait for modern days, he's honest and determined to route out a wrong;  even if coming against wealthy landowners or those in authority.  He's your good guy going against the grain.  A modern Western with modern issues.  Great stories and I'm excited that I think I have at least 20 more to go.






Come Join Us
 at
To Read about Other Bloggers' Knitting and 📚 Reading








3 comments:

  1. Those socks look like Spring/Easter to me! Keep on keepin' on and you will finish! Thanks for the book recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vera is right, the socks look like Spring and Easter. They are indeed very sweet. I do think we should all knit what we want though. If you feel like putting them down and moving on to some other project that's ok too. It's all knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are such spring-y socks! But perhaps you will feel better to know that I have more "single socks" than any other knitter (or at least it feels that way!) I will send you all my sock mojo! XO

    ReplyDelete