My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Preparing for a Spring Shawl


  Due to a life that has taken some unexpected turns (a very ill husband with an undiagnosed ailment and a new job at home Eldercare) I'm going to be publishing my blog whenever I'm able.  So there might be spaces inbetween posts.  Or posts on an odd day like Sunday.  I just need to pair back.  Make this more fun and less a job for myself and get back to just knitting to settle me down and give me peace.  This is not farewell just a warning of pauses and impromptu posts from now on. If you don't want to miss sign up on the right column for Email updates. Love you all. This has been a five year effort and I'm just going to fit it better into a life that is radically different now and often out about and not home.  I am happy in my job and I do get to knit often with elderly clients. So all is good there. So long till next time. 😊



     I always have one of my shawls around my neck and when one of my regular client's wives admired it and asked if I'd make her one, I said sure.  I now do eldercare in homes.  She will need to be patient.  I seem to have a full plate lately with a job and a very ill husband.  But the opportunity to knit can't be missed and also the chance to make her smile precious.  Perhaps since we are both wives of challenged husbands I can only too well relate.




    So I took pictures down in our local yarn shop Ewe & Me of the Malabrigo that had the bright blue in it she wanted.  Here's some of the shots (unfortunately my phone didn't pick up the vibrancy of the yarn).


 
     The winner was the speckled sock yarn called Parade. It's sure to be a winner for Spring. Update: A friend online called the store and bought the yarn for me! When the customer pays me back I'm going to buy yarn for a shawl for my oldest daughter's upcoming summer wedding.  Something bright blue! 😁




     I'm making a Reyna Shawl and she wants the same mesh pattern that I did last Spring (just a bit smaller sections towards the end).


     Well I think I've broken a record for me.  Reading the same book for months.  But it's been a real good book to savor. Im drawing to the end of "The Golden Hour" and it's really good.  It's going on my shelf for a reread another day. Some books you know you'll love again.



Come Join Us at Unraveled Wednesday








7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you joined us, and I am sending healing thoughts for your husband (and calming thoughts for you!) May life be back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--I hope your husband is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope shawl knitting brings you some needed peace and quiet time. I wish the best for you and your husband. It sounds as if your plate if full. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRAYING FOR YOU AND YOUR SWEETIE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for some "me time"..a commodity we are often too short of. I'll look forward to your next post. Got to find that Parade yarn. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whenever we hear from you is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete