My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Yarns - A Shawl Amidst Gift Knitting



      I think knitting on my shawl is a gift to me as I squeeze it in among knitting gifts. 


      It's not very big so far, but it gives me joy.  The new pattern Autumn Ridge Shawlette out in August 2018 hasn't been discovered and it should be!  It's a little gem of a pattern hiding in plain sight, just waiting to be discovered!  It's got a great texture, variety to hold your interest, and as it grows the simple rows of knitting are relaxing.  I'm in love with it and I hope other's give it a try.  Ravelry Project Notes: Autumn Ridge Shawl.




     One gift I'm working on and should just have enough time to finish before Christmas is a Sockhead Slouch Hat.  I made one for my son this summer, intending it to be a Christmas gift but because he was Salmon fishing in Alaska I sent it to him early to keep warm (yes, and now I'm busy on another gift for him).  I hear he wears it all the time.  It looked great on him when we Skype with him the other day, and I hear that his girlfriend steals it at times!  Little does she know I've been busy making her one.



     They're great made out of Patons Kroy Sock Yarn.  They go up in a month for me if that's all I'm doing (I'm a slow knitter).  But the knit is automatic enough that I can knit and read at the same time.  If the book's not on a tablet I use a large hair clip or this Leather Book Weight my mom got for me decades ago from The Vermont Store (thankfully they tend to carry the same old-fashioned items over time and it's still there).


     I'm still reading "The Girl You Left Behind" by Jojo Moyes and enjoying this book about a painting in WW I and then a hundred years later.  When I finish I'll be moving onto a book I missed last year in the Book of the Month club and I regretted not getting.  Then it showed up on sale on BookBub and I quickly downloaded it.  "The Music Shop by Rachel Joyce is a quirky romance that takes place in a music shop in a dilapidated part of town, but the owner has an uncanny sense of what a person needs to hear.  Goodreads - "The Music Shop"






Come Join Us at Unraveled Wednesday





3 comments:

  1. I love those "hiding in plain sight" patterns! I have plans to cast on that little gem of a shawl shortly after the new year begins!

    I love your yarn choice, btw! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous shawl. I actually had to queue it in Ravelry before I finished reading your post. I didn't want to forget!
    I made a Slouch hat, too, and it is a great little pattern. I can't read and knit (too many dropped stitches) but I do love to listen and knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little does she know....I love that!!!!
    I need to get Al a weight for book reads! I LOVE your shawl photos

    ReplyDelete