My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Wednesday's Yarns - Rushing to Finish My Welcome Blanket





I'm pushing myself to get my Welcome Blanket done in time to mail it for the November 4th deadline.  I just couldn't afford all the yarn till last week.  So I'm making this short and posting a few pictures of what I have done at the end of the day and pushing on.




     I changed my color scheme after doing a few skeins of red and white (these pictures did not pick up the perfect red of the Lion's Thick & Quick Cranberry).  While beautiful, I needed some pizzaz, some change.  So I got more blue yarn and thought of a multicolored yarn but it was too busy looking in the mix.  I also had an unplanned change, Michaels had run out of their creme color and only had off-white with gold threads around it and I thought - Stars!  So the blue squares have sparkly white sides.  




It's turning out really nice and patriotic looking and I think an Immigrant new here would appreciate that!



PS - If you still want to do one they will be accepting more blankets into mid-December, yours just would be distributed and not on display at the Smart Art Museum in Chicago.

 Welcome Blanket







I'm onto another Lynn Kurland book - All For You.

From the Author's page -

"Falling through time is dangerous…
Peaches Alexander is thrilled to receive an unexpected invitation to a weekend party given by the handsome, eligible Duke of Kenneworth. The only problem: Stephen de Piaget, a stuffy medieval studies scholar who seems determined to get in the way. Peaches has absolutely no desire to get involved with Stephen, until a quirk of Fate sends her hurtling through time…"
Unless there’s someone to catch you…
Stephen de Piaget has been leading a double life: respectable professor by day, knight-in-training during holidays and summer terms. When Peaches goes missing, Stephen knows he’s the only one that can rescue her from medieval peril. Little do they know that the greatest danger they’ll face won’t be the business end of a sword, but their own unruly hearts…"
Tis lots of fun!


Join us at Unraveled Wednesday







No comments:

Post a Comment