My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Friday, March 25, 2016

Technique Thursdays



At the end of all projects is the cast off! If you finished your scarf you need to get it off those needles and if you are a beginner, you might be stumped. Casting off is relatively easy, but the first thing I do is always remind myself to be loose. Almost all the time I find I wish I had cast off even looser. The edge of your piece can curl a bit if you don't or pull inward when you want a flat seam for let's say a sweater. So think loose, relaxed thoughts. Just last week I saw a useful trick that I haven't tried yet, but it sounds like it'd work. Knit off using a knitting needle one size up!

Binding Off-
How To Bind Off Tutorial Video

Now that you know how to knit
you can now do these up easily:                      

                                                          Tender Shawl by Lion's Yarn



Enjoy your new found passion!



No comments:

Post a Comment