My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Musing Mondays






In the Blog- "What If This Is As Good As It Gets" (Kwizgiver-Musing Mondays) a Meme is passed on  called: Musing Mondays from another blog named: "Books and a Beat".

So they ask you a series of questions and you have to answer one-
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Which characters (from which book) do you think deserve their own spin-off story? Why?
This is my first time and it's too late for anyone else to probably see this- but I'm doing three questions- because I can't decide which to answer!
 First, I've been reading the Janet Evanovich & Lee Goldberg Fox and O'Hare series. I'm just finishing the second book, but I've read #1 and #3 in the series. Just grabbing whichever ones I can find. I love them. They are wittier than her Plum series (which I do love). A lot more adventurous, but fun. The plot is Remington Steele meets James Bond meets Stephanie Plum (but a more serious tough girl- a deadly FBI agent that can kill you 10 different ways with a toothpick). The plot revolves around Nicholas Fox (a hot former thief- kind of former- who Kate caught) and Kate O'Hare and their oddball team trying to flush out a thief by stealing some Rembrandts themselves and selling it to the bad guy- who has stolen a Rembrandt that Fox wants recovered (with other stolen art). Yes, Kate is an FBI agent but she's been teamed up with Fox- so she always gets dragged into shaddy, previously unthinkable actions. How it ends I do not know yet!
                                              Rembrandts-


(The Storm on the Sea of Galilee, 1633. The painting is still missing after the robbery from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in 1990.)


Up next I'm going to read the book I just bought yesterday, the fourth book in the series- The Scam.


And the last question- I love Kate's dad- he's adorable even though he tries to teach the grandkids how to create explosives with what is under the sink. He's always rescuing Kate, who obviously is Daddy's little girl. I want to know more about his past exploits as I believe a spy- with maybe Kate rescuing him a time or two.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Fox & O'Hare series! They are so much fun!

    Your knitting project looks sumptuous in that gorgeous blue yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love working with the yarn! It's called- Crazy Sexy Wool and it's aptly named. I'm making a simple cardigan that's supposed to take a few days- but of course I have to stretch it out. The Fox & O'Hare series helps in that regard! I hear there's another one coming out in June- can't wait! The Pursuit- June 21st.

      Delete