My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Wednesday's Yarns: Planispiral Shawl

 



     I'm celebrating March 1st and trying to have Spring thoughts.  Here in Maine on the coast it snowed the past two days.  I'm hoping to stick my nose (and the rest of me) out for a walk this afternoon.  




     But in my knitting world I'm restarting a pattern I started 2 years ago.  It's lovely, but a huge round Shawl and I was ready to put it away for awhile knowing I'd get more excited picking it up afresh.  The beautiful  Planispiral Shawl is knit up in  Heritage Wave by Cascade Yarns. 


By Nick Davis



     Pretty simple to knit when you get the hang of it, but honestly I'm going to have to work through the directions and get my hands on it to figure it out.  There's a shift every round to make it round and a trick to do it.  Now I need to take one project off a 40" Circular Needle, put it away on yarn and then switch it onto my Planispiral to give it more room.










     Maxine Morrey is my current favorite author.  Another British author with a long list of fresh rom-coms that focus more on the main gal than the guy.  I like that.  Her books seems to cover daily life and overcoming some weakness.  The focus on character building than the romance.  This time in "My Year of Saying No" Lottie, who is self employed has a growing friendship with one of her main clients.  One we can guess where it's going.  She's adopted a cuddly dog from the shelter and is trying at her friend's urging to get out more.  It's just a very pleasant upbeat read that makes you smile.



Come Join Us

 at

 Unraveled Wednesday


To Read about Other Bloggers' Knitting and Reading








3 comments:

  1. The shawl looks like a beauty. I love the colors. I also enjoyed the tulips. I imagine Spring feels like a ways off in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very far off. Actually I'm beginning to feel like Spring is just a rumor and doesn't actually exist. But I do hold onto to hope and dream in flowers.

      Delete
  2. Oh Elise! That shawl is going to be gorgeous and I love the spiral... it is so different! Those tulip are such a treat! Thank you for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete