My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Wednesday's Yarns - Torc Falls Hat






     Ever stash a knitting project away because the season changed and it just wasn't the right project for then?  I find them later, carefully put away in my yarn boxes, just waiting for me to find it.  So I had this lovely mystery hat in a bag that I pulled out at the beginning of winter next to me in a what-not bookcase stuffed with odds & ends & cookbooks & magazines.  But since it was obviously cable work I'd put it off.  

 






     Well, today I'm thinking that must be Malabrigo Mecha, in the color Indiecita.  Mecha is one of my favorite Yarns to use for Bulky projects and its sister Mechita my favorite in a fingering wt. yarn for shawls. Both are single-ply.  But how will I ever figure out which pattern?  Thankfully I do keep my patterns in the Ravelry Library.  Once I started something and then the pattern was suddenly gone, so now I save all free & paid-for patterns in the Library now.  In a perfect world, I'd create a Project page on Ravelry,  which if I should do I'd know where I left off.  Anyway, it is found!  It is a Torc Falls Beanie.  


© Deirdre Liston

© Deirdre Liston


     So I already had to rip back a few rows after I tried to do a few rows and the pattern wasn't coming out right.  Now I'm on the right track and when I lay my knitting down I make sure to make a note on my pattern where I left off.  It's fairly simple to follow and so beautiful.   Perfect colors found in the color Indiecita and Malabrigo Mecha is so soft.  Lots of pop of color.






What I'm Reading Now 📚







     I just started "Living Your Best Life" by Maxine Morrey yesterday and I'm not in it enough to have an opinion.  But her previous book "Things Are Looking Up" was so good I'm looking forward to seeing where this is going.  But it's a slow start, but the characters make it interesting; and descriptions of British life totally fun, the cafes & pubs.  Also the use of words can be different; I'm going to Hospital vs. I'm going to the hospital, that sort of stuff.  When did we add the words or did the Brits drop them?  A Linguist I am not, but an interesting question.  Goodreads






Come Join Us

 at

 Unraveled Wednesday


To Read about Other Bloggers' Knitting and Reading








2 comments:

  1. The difference between British and American expressions is interesting. I rather like reading and listening to the British expressions. The yarn in the hat is so pretty. It's a nice color for knitting through the end of February and the beginning of March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find language differences so fascinating. And, like Jane, I do so love reading and listening to British expressions!

    I think that colorway might be my favorite colorway of all times... it is just so gorgeous! I think that hat will be a stunner!

    ReplyDelete