My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Free Patterns - Cowls for January

     With just a handful of days left of December, I look ahead to January.  Usually the coldest month of the year whether I've lived in Upstate New York or Colorado. Here we won't have as much snow (it'll hit in the Spring) and temperatures won't quite be as cold as back Northeast.  But still cold enough.  So I'm thinking cowls right now are a great accessory.  Wrapped around to keep the warmth in.  Here's a nice selection.  Some take hours, a day or two, others are a longer project, but worth the effort.



Here's a beautiful cowl I've been eyeing.  Simple and can be tailored to your yarn.  Directions for many sizes of yarn.  Beauty in simplicity.







Knit in DK Yarn -











A very peaceful, rhythmic knit in fingering wt. yarn.



In Aran -





One of my favorites, I've made several.  It takes two days up on #50 needles and uses two strands of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick.  Fun and warm.  Makes a great quick gift too!





     For Super Bulky yarns grab some Lion's Wool Ease Thick and Quick at your local craft store or Wal-Mart. Nice, soft results at low cost. 









Knit in a Bulky Yarn -






 Want to go fancy, try Malabrigo Rasta Yarn or Wool and the Gang's Crazy Sexy Yarn.










Knit in Wool & The Gang's Crazy Sexy Yarn



4 comments:

  1. I love making and wearing cowls! My favorite of all time is Zuzu's Petals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, I found Zuzu's Petals. I like the concept of a shawl look in a cowl, what fun. Thanks for sharing. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/zuzus-petals

      Delete
  2. All of the cowls are pretty. The Sexy Sheep cowl colorway is my favorite!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I have two skeins of Crazy Sexy Yarn in a royal blue and turquoise blue that would be perfect.

      Delete