My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Wednesday's Yarn Along - A New Knitting & Book Club


Today I'm sharing with Ginny at her "Small Things" blog; 
come join me and share what you are reading and knitting in "Yarn Along".



     My knitting is primarily working on the Simple Slouch Hats for the March For Science in Green. 


Eugène Delacroix - La liberté guidant le peuple



      I've also segued into creating a new blog post for my more liberal political posts, not wanting to go into it here.  So if you're like minded come on by and read my musings - The Resistance Knitter and my new Facebook page, a safe place to post protest knitting and discuss, or debate issues - The Resistance Knitters.  




     I just started an audio of the book "House of Stone" by Anthony Shadid for a book & knitting club starting today by Donna Druchunas.  It's called "Our Knitting Roots Book Club" in Facebook and in Ravelry March Bookclub: House of Stone Discussion.  The book club is going to read about different regions of the world where are roots are and also do a knitting project designed by Donna.  There's a easy and hard version of the pattern.  Each section runs two months. 





      The first focus is on the Arab region and were doing Syrian Toe-up Socks, called Arab/American by Donna Druchunas.  I'll let you check out the links for information on the two other books were going to read.  One called "Arab/American" by Gary Paul Nathan and a book called Ethnic Socks and Stockings by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts.


Shadid holds his son in front of the family home he spent years renovating in Marjayoun, Lebanon.
Courtesy Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

     So far I'm absolutely loving the book, the melodic sound of the words and the reader.  It's great to read and knit at the same time.  And off I go to indulge!





5 comments:

  1. Today, I am reading my first issue of "Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine". My sister subscribed me for Xmas and the 1st one came today. We used to read them as kids in the '70's (yep, that old). I have a couple works in progress for the Science March, trying a variety before settling on repeats or designing my own.
    It's always fun to see what other readers and artists are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magazine sounds fun. Come on over to the new Facebook group page, The Resistance Knitters and post your hats, I'd love to see them.

      Delete
  2. Please, please, a chart for the beautiful slanting stripes on your turquoise-and-navy Simple Slouch Hat pictured here today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. By "today" I do mean March 1. Please?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete