My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Wednesday's Yarn Along from Maine


 Join us at Ginny's "Small Things" blog to share what you are reading and knitting at her "Yarn Along".


     I got here, after a day in planes and a bus, from Colorado to Maine.  I'm thankful for the incredibly kind people that are dedicated to helping people. Because of therapy on my back, my leg hurts in random mysterious places so I can't walk much, all from my back pinching things; but this is all in an effort to get better and I have to remind myself that this is not permanent, only now and at least I can hope to hike again someday, some are not as fortunate.  So I needed wheelchair assistance between flights and around huge airports, and people are so incredible kind!!!  So I made it!


I'm trying to finish my shawl: Just Knit It With Gifted Stash - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ElissaMcGA/just-knit-it---2012.




 I have a skein of Malabrigo Arroyo yarn coming in Marte sometime this week.  When it arrives I want to start the Age of Brass and Steam shawl 
(http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-age-of-brass-and-steam-kerchief) in these lovely shawl colors, more later when I start on it.


https://www.jimmybeanswool.com/knitting/yarn/Malabrigo/Arroyo.asp?showLarge=true&specPCVID=59064




     I'm reading a real good thriller romance on my tablet that was free "Body of Evidence" by Rachael Grant, book 2 in the Evidence series, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EA8EO00/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1. It is by the way still free through Amazon.  It starts with Mara, who works for an American organization that tries to recover MIA's remains.  The scene opens with her hearing before a North Korean court and her sentence to death for espionage. Next chapter she is marched out for the firing squad... I don't want to give up details, but there's a relentless high momentum of action with a dash of romance on the side. Just started, but I love it. Good writing.


2 comments:

  1. beautiful knitting and glad you arrived safely. I hope your back heals quickly and you are back to doing your stuff that you usually do. Lovely knitting projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you are so kind. I can't wait to be knitting in the Malabrigo in the vibrant Fall colors!

      Delete