My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tuesday - What's Up In My Knitting World

Joining "Frontier Dreams" today and sharing my creations.



     I'm pretty much focused on my  Just Knit It with Gifted Stash, Monday Moments- Happy Labor Day!.  I've found that, so far, I love knitting shawls the best.  This one's simplicity and the fact that it grows so quickly, edge to edge with two increases every row, makes it a fun and rhythmic knit.  I also love the colors of the stash yarn I got from my friend.  It had been in her stash and she said she got it at Stitches East, run by WEBS.


      I also need to get going on my Hat making, which I've been a bit remiss.  I'm knitting a Garter & Seeds Hat which was option from this summer's KAL Choose Your Own Adventure - Hat KAL.  When I'm done I'll be off and running getting Christmas hats done.  The Hat Knit Along has been a great inspiration!  Everyone is knitting different hats and each one done by October goes towards a prize.  But what I found useful was the Hat suggestions, everyone had such beautiful suggestions.  I created a few blogs out of them, free hats - Free Pattern Thursday- Hat Patterns Galore! and more hat patterns- Friday Fantasy Knits- Hats To Knit.  So visit those posts to get some great inspiration!


 So out of my blogs I'm letting family members pick a pattern and a color from Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted Yarn and that'll be their gift!  After I knit it of course. 


      I love surprises, but I figure with the labor involved I'd rather know they are getting exactly what they want.  Also when looking at hat knitting patterns and thinking of my son and his girlfriend, every other pattern I thought - wow they would look so good in that.  Couldn't make up my mind!


Be inspired! Happy Hat knitting!




Join "Frontier Dreams" to post your  projects on Tuesday or later in the week.

Nicole says: "The act of creating, in one form or another, preserves my sanity amongst the chaos of life. This explains why I always have more than one project going at a time as well as why my housework tends to fall behind. I enjoy seeing what others are working on and keeping calm with, too. What are you creating? What is keeping you going? Snap a picture or two and share it with the rest of us by leaving your link" on her blog, link above.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment