My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Wednesday's Yarns: Grab'n Go Triangular Shawl

     




      A favorite knit designer of mine is Brome Fields.  I love the simplicity of her designs and also that I feel she designs the things I would of wanted to design myself.  She's also prolific.  Having tons of hat, shrugs, shawls and other things designed.  A lot of those designs are in Lion's Thick & Quick yarn which is inexpensive and fairly nice for a department store yarn; containing a bit of wool, but not too much to make itchy for sensitive skin types like me.  I find you can always upscale a design by sourcing a pure Wool, or Wool and Alpaca blend.  So when I got an email about Spring & Summer designs I jumped to check it out.  I so love a tranquil, meditative knit for when I read; having learned to do both at the same time if simple (Hint: a Paperwhite Kindle is great for this in a cover that props up; but for hard back books check out Vermont Store's Leather Bookweight for a propped up book on your lap, or table while you knit). 





     The Shawl Grab'n Go, an asymmetrical shawl leapt out of her new Spring & Summer collection to me.  It's knit up on 2 DK wt Yarns or 1 Worsted and she suggests using your stash yarn.  I've been trying this past year to use up my stash yarn and to work to finish already started projects.  One worsted wt yarn I had but I was on the verge of donating when we moved was called Jeans by Lion Brand.  But I loved it, it was so pretty and soft, so I saved it and now I thought this would make a perfect light weight Summer shawl.  I'm so in love with the results so far.  Easy to memorize pattern and very light and soft and pretty.

What I'm Reading📚 




     I'm still reading the Joe Pickett series by CJ Box.  Wow, what an adventure! I love Joe.  Honest, to a fault yet friends with a guy who has some sort of secret operative background who obviously knows how to kill.  Joe defends him a previous book and they become buddies.  His friend Nat is also a Falconer that is teaching Joe's daughter the skill.  By the 4th book Tophy Hunt the books get a bit more gritty dealing with animal mutilation (a true life unexplained phenomenon that occurred in the 1970s among cattle in the West).  I'm nearing the end and the book is very good, some gruesome details not withstanding.  I'll be onto the 5th book Out of Range today.


Come Join Us

 at

 Unraveled Wednesday

To Read about Other Bloggers' Knitting and 📚 Reading




2 comments:

  1. I love that denim yarn! That will make a delightful summer shawl! (something I always need because I am always so cold when the AC is needed!) Thank you for pointing me in the direction of a new to me designer as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn and the color. I also like a simple classic design so I'm going to go look at the work by this designer. I find the asymmetrical triangle shaped shawls are the ones I wear the most.

    ReplyDelete