My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wednesday's Yarns: Fluff Shawl


                                                                 
     I have several knitting projects going.  I like to swap them out depending on yarn size and ease of knitting, or simply how excited I am about a piece.  One knit I reach for daily is my Fluff Shawl.  It's an asymmetrical shawl and a very easy knit I've memorized.   The fun thing about it is its texture and looks.  I'm making it out of a super thin strand of yarn called cobweb that my oldest daughter gave me.  It's a wool, silk, and alpaca blend with marvelous colors that pop out.  I married it with a Lace Alpaca called Alpaca Cloud Lace from Knitpicks.  Together they formed a perfect blend of dark soft yarn with lovely bright colors peeking through.  The Shawl pattern itself makes a very lofty textured fabric that feels so soft and light and it's lovely to work with I'm excited to see its finished results.

What I'm Reading Now 📚 



     I'm totally hooked on the C J Box Joe Pickett series.  I'm nearly done with book 3 Winterkill and I'm fairly breathless from reading.  The action at the end is non-stop and I seem to hit these seriously exciting, riveting spots just when I'm supposed to go to bed.  What's a girl to do?  Leave Joe leaping over snow in his snowmobile to rescue his soon-to-be adopted daughter?  Sigh, getting enough sleep is seriously an issue with these books.  They are that good.  Thankfully Joe the Wyoming Forest Ranger has many adventures in many books.  I even got my husband to start reading them.  What fun, now we can even talk about Joe and his adventures together.  One discussion revolved around did CJ Box create the mysterious endangered weasel-like creature in the first book or is it real?  (Hint: The answer can be found in a web search in an author-inspired conversation. )


Come Join Us

 at

 Unraveled Wednesday

To Read about Other Bloggers' Knitting and 📚 Reading










2 comments:

  1. I love your Fluff Shawl. The yarn and color combination is just beautiful. It is nice to have several projects going so one can choose between them. I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good book binge! And yes! Your shawl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete