My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Wednesday's Yarns -Garter Stitch Shawl and Medieval Time Travel



I'm finishing up my Garter Stitch Shawl, knit in KnitPick's Stroll Tonal Sock Yarn in Pacific.




     I'm also re-reading Lynn Kurland's time traveling Medieval Romances.  I have most of them somewhere, in storage, between two 20 something kids' stuff, consisting of books and stuffed animals they don't want to part with, but they are 2,000 miles away, so I'm stuck with all of it.  So I visited my local awesome used bookstore, found out I have a mysterious amount of credit from turned in books (my husband said he brought some books, I gave up all my Janet Evanovichs, but still the amount of credit I have surprised me).  So I got one I read a long time ago and I found two I hadn't read of Kurland's. 




     The More I See You is an old book, 1999, but a great read.  And I'm having fun!  Ever need a break from real life?  This does it.  I'm immersed in the sounds of Medieval swords and the clash of two wills - a modern woman and a Medieval Lord.  Well, you can imagine what eventually happens, but 'tis fun.






Come join us for Unraveled Wednesday.



Also, I will be taking a FREE knitwear design course next week.  It's for 10 days and if you want to sign up to join you need to do it before it begins October 9th, Monday.







"The ever-so popular and wildly transformative knitwear design challenge is BACK. Starting up October 9th, take a journey with us as we discover how to tap into your creativity and magic to transform your yarn into designs of your own creation!"
Sign up -ArohaKnits






5 comments:

  1. I have a skein of that exact same yarn -- it looks beautiful in your garter stitch shawl. (More inspiration to cast on, never mind the other umpty-eleven WIP.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels amazingly soft and squishy, a great choice. I can't wait to wear it.

      Delete
  2. Really love the color of the yarn you are using! What is the pattern called?

    Linda in VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Garter Stitch Shawl, it's free on Ravelry - https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/garter-stitch-shawl-4. Have fun!

      Delete
  3. I love the color of that yarn. It's making a beautiful shawl!

    ReplyDelete