My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Wednesday's Yarns - A Soft Shawl, A Time Travel Book and a Chocolate Poundcake


     I might have an assortment of projects up on needles, but this one is my favorite.  A squishy soft yarn from KnitPicks called Stroll Tonal Sock in Pacific.  The pattern is actually made in this yarn, which I had bought just at the beginning of the year because I loved the look of it.  When I came across the pattern Garter Stitch Shawl by Megan Goodacre, I had an aha moment when I rushed to my stash in hopes, that yes, that was the same yarn.  I'm dreaming of it around my neck as soon as possible.  Another plus for this knit and the yarn is the small needles (size 6) and simple design make it easy to knit and read my tablet propped up on a pillow on my lap.




     My book right now is so good: Stars in Your Eyes (de Piaget Family) by Lynn Kurland.  One of my favorite authors that I have literally devoured all her books over the years.  Her time travel Romance books are unique.  A warm romantic mood warms up throughout her tales, usually only culminating in a kiss. or a simple bedroom scene after vows.  Yet, so romantic.  Her humor threads throughout her stories.  A real treat.  These tales revolve around one of two families in the past, one Scottish, the other French & English and how inevitably people from the future pop up into their lives.  Knights of Medieval Times collide with damsels in distress with cell phones in their pockets (who then try to hide them so not exposed as a witch). Her writing is great and her characters are endearing.  It makes me want to start all over and read all her books again from the beginning.  




     And I'm going to go outside and enjoy this amazingly beautiful day on my porch with my book, knitting, and tea.  I'm slowly getting ingredients out and mise en place (putting them in place) to bake a Chocolate Streusel Poundcake I saw on the New York Times Morning Brief this morning.  It's a dark chocolate poundcake with a salty twang to it.  Should be delish!



Come join us for Unraveled Wednesday.




2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh--so much goodness in the post! The shawl is in my queue, the book is in my TBR, and the cake is just too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shawl! hope you enjoy the book and the chocolate cake looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete