My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Fantasy Knits- Dreaming of Shawlettes

So today I'm dreaming about shawlettes and I'm looking for a pattern that might work for mystery yarn I was given.



     Reading other knitting posts and scrolling through Ravelry and getting updates on Facebook on knitting ideas I get bombarded with patterns of Shawlettes.  I've never done one and I am intrigued by the thought.  Here are two patterns I often hear about in the wind, and a third that looks intriguing.






      Last year a good friend from back East sent my oldest daughter and I a huge box of yarn because she was cleaning her stash out.  Bags of mystery yarn, some with labels, some not, but all beautiful.  Elisabeth and I divided the cache but I still have lots and I'm looking at this interesting bag and just wondering....



                                                                         I have 4 skeins of Kirara by Noro


     Thank God for Ravelry which can define the yarn and tell me what it is!  It's a DK weight, 164 yards each in #3 color which is a lively variegated yarn with blues and rainbow colors.  It's lovely and made of sumptuous mix of wool, cotton, silk and angora.  Hum, so what can go up in DK is the question?



                                             
 So today I'm dreaming of Shawlettes...


TGV Shawlette

     The TGV (High Speed Knitting) by Susan Ashcroft2976 projectsis described as suitable for any gauge yarn- "Particularly good for showcasing handpainted or long-striping sock yarns. The pattern was originally designed for one skein of sock yarn, but can easily be adapted to other weights (tips on how to do this are provided in the pattern)." 





The TGV in Noro Kureyon Sock-


















Age Of Brass and Steam




The Original Pattern









Hitchhiker


The Original "Hitchhiker"












 




Additional Resources-


Additional Patterns for shawlettes and shawls-



























  •                                                                       RX Knitter- TGV





No comments:

Post a Comment