My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Thursday, May 18, 2023

Offline for Awhile

   





     Last weekend before Hip Surgery on Monday.  Planting 2 raised beds with perennials (actually I picked out the plants, my hubby will plant them).  After we moved last year I really miss my plants.  I got some of my old friends and I'll add some through the summer while they bloom, like a Daisy in July and a Purple Coneflower in August, paired with a black- eyed Susan.  Favorites of mine.



  I'll be off the grid for a bit, focusing on healing.  Knitting and Reading, of course.  Six weeks to the dot from Surgery (recovery time with restrictions) I got a two night reservation in a Vermont State Park to camp.  We're on the way to stay with my 90 yr old father in the Adirondacks,  in a family vacation cottage.  The Dr OKd a trip in 2 parts from Maine; but he won't allow me to boat in with the rest of my family into camp in guide boats on the Upper Ausable Lake.  Sigh.  But good time to spend with my Dad who doesn't go in "glamping" with the rest of the family. Glamping is a very posh way to camp in old style rambling camps with fully functioning totally awesome kitchen, bathrooms but no electricty.  I always opt for the leanto on the lake with mosquito netting and a large fire pit.  S'mores anyone?





     The trip home is my birthday and we'll spend again 2 days camping in Vermont.  I like a tent but now we have nice cushy cots.







4 comments:

  1. I hope surgery is successful and I will be sending you all the healing mojo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elise, I’ve been trying to get in touch with you. Is there a way I can reach you outside of the blog? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete