My Adventures in Knitting, truly my Yarn-escape!

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wednesday Yarns and Thanksgiving Cooking

 




       I'm busy this Wednesday pulling together a Thanksgiving meal for my family  (a two-day process).  This year my son Jonathan and his girl Emily are here for their Winter Break (until January).  Both are Vegetarians and so am I, but my husband and youngest daughter expect Turkey. My husband is roasting that tomorrow morning.  I'm cooking up a lot of veggie side dishes that are my favorites.  A squash & yam dish with maple syrup and butter, mashed and baked.  Creamed chestnuts and mushrooms, a favorite of my Mom's that's a favorite family tradition.  I'll do the stuffing separately from the turkey and half will have fresh cranberries in it.  This morning I found a New York Times recipe for gravy - Vegan Mushroom Make-Ahead Gravy.  Today I'll do Apple Pie (with a Tbl. of cinnamon, my Mom's trick and crisp apples, thinly sliced).  I make my pies with a Pate Brisee (Butter Pie Dough) crust and I'll save some crust for tomorrow's Pumpkin Pie.




     I finally am getting back to my Medhel an Gwyns Shawl done in Lion's Thick & Quick in Fossil.




I'm also starting to work on some Coffee Cozies.  I love this one with the cable:




But I started with this simple "recipe" for a Coffee Cozy to start -




In December I'm doing 2017 Project Peace







     I also got my yarn for the Project Peace 2017 that starts December 1 and goes 21 days of peaceful knitting and reading The Healthy Knitter's blog posts about peace.  Cultivating peace within to radiate outward with ripples to others.  I will be knitting a wonderful shawl to knit in Malabrigo Silky Merino Yarn in Azules (lighter blues) and Mares (the dark yarn).

  

I just started a new book - Trouble in High Heels (Fortune Hunter Book 1)  It popped up in my emails as a $1.99 Kindle special so I went for it.  So far it's interesting, a far cry from what I've been reading, so the jury is still out on how I like it.  We'll see. GoodReads review - Trouble in High Heels






Join us at 

Unraveled Wednesday









1 comment:

  1. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious. It is always fun to read about the traditions in other families. Lots of interesting projects to keep you busy. Have a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete